- When completing the online Graduate Application Form, your must select September (Fall) 2023 for start date. This program does not accept applications for Winter or Spring/Summer.
- Online application must be submitted to Graduate Admissions at York University by the January 15 deadline.
- All additional required documentation should be uploaded by February 1, (i.e. transcript(s), references, CV, statement of interest). Your application file will not be reviewed until all required documents are received. Please review "Complete Application" section at bottom of this page.
- If your first language is not English, you must show you have an acceptable level of English by completing a language proficiency test.
Because the number of applicants greatly exceeds the number of positions available, meeting our minimum Admission Requirements is not a guarantee of admission.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to MA, MSC or MFSC degree, the applicant must:
- have a strong academic background relevant to the area of study to be pursued at the Masters level
- have completed an honours undergraduate degree at a recognized university, with a B+ grade point average (or higher) in the last two years of full-time study, before starting the program (ie. must complete undergraduate degree before starting graduate degree).
To be considered for admission to the PHD degree, the applicant must have:
- Be a master's degree graduate of a recognized university, with at least a A- grade point average in the last two years of full-time study, or with qualifications accepted as equivalent by the Senate Committee on Admissions
- Completed courses equivalent to those required for the current Master's thesis degree in Kinesiology and Health Science at York University
- Be assessed as suitable for PhD level study by the Kinesiology and Health Science Graduate Executive Committee. The latter decision shall be based on such evidence as letters of reference, the applicant’s written statement and the applicant’s research and academic record
The Kinesiology & Health Science Graduate Committee will review the candidate's application and make recommendations to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
York offers competitive funding to excellent full-time students accepted into our graduate programs. Sources for this funding include awards, scholarships, bursaries, teaching assistantships, research assistantships, graduate assistantships, and York Graduate Scholarships for our top-ranked students.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate Admissions Application Form available at York University - Graduate Admissions
- All applicants must complete the Letters of Recommendation Form (referee list) accessed through MyFile (provide names/emails of 2 referees). 72 hours after the applicant submits the online form, Graduate Admissions will email each referee with instructions. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the correct email address for each referee is provided. No more than 2 referees are required.
- All applicants list up to 3 potential supervisors by completing the online Preferred Supervisor Form. It is recommended that the applicant should contact specific KAHS faculty members and discuss the potential research opportunities.
- All applicants must upload their CV and Statement of Interest through MyFile. The Statement of Interest should outline the applicant's past areas of study and specifically what research area is of most interested. The applicant may use any personal or professional experiences that may reflect why our graduate program might be a suitable area of study.
- International (non domestic) student enrollment is extremely limited. Please contact a potential KAHS faculty member available for supervision before completing the online admission graduate application.
All transcripts must be uploaded through MyFIle. Do not mail or deliver transcripts to the graduate program office.
Please read the information on the future students website to help you complete your application to York University