The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following areas:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neural and Biomechanical Control of Movement
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- Socio-Cultural and Policy Studies in Sport and Physical Activity
- CIHR funds Drs. Lauren Sergio, Heather Edgell and Alison Macpherson's study on concussion recovery in working-age adults.
- Gobi Sriranganathan, PHD candidate has been awarded the N. Sivalingam Award in Tamil Studies from the York Centre for Asian Research and a Seed Grant from the Canadian Gender+ Equity in Sport Research Hub (E-Alliance), both for her project titled, Sport leadership in the Greater Toronto Area Tamil diaspora: Exploring the lived experiences of sport leaders in Tamil grassroots sport organizations.
- Mitch McSweeney, PHD candidate wins the 2020 best conference paper award for the Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand conference
- Dr. Brad Meisner collaborated on a joint statement of the Canadian Association on Gerontology and the Canadian Journal on Aging about the response needed to understand the impact COVID-19 has on older adults and aging in Canada.
- Dr. Christopher Perry receives President’s Emerging Research Leadership (PERLA) Award 2020.