The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc non thesis) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following areas of specialization:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neuroscience and Biomechanics
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- A new ranking released by Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2016 has placed York University’s School of Kinesiology and Health Science third in Canada, and among the top 25 worldwide.
- Dr. Christopher Perry has been nominated by exercise physiologists across Canada to serve as a Director Academic for the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP).
- Drs. Chris Ardern, Joe Baker and Alina Cohen (PHD '16) new research finds healthy eating and exercise may delay onset of dementia
- Dr. Michael Connor and his research team finds possible cause for poor response to treatment in obese breast cancer patients
- Dr. Jennifer Kuk's study shows sugar substitutes don't offer health benefits for individuals with obesity
- Dr. Sherry Grace leads panel investigating cardiac rehab in developing countries
- Dr. Michael Riddell’s research supports his vision to ensure that people with diabetes live longer, healthier and more active lives
- Dr. Doug Crawford recipient of Sarrazin Award Lectureship from the Canadian Physiological Society