The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc non thesis) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following areas of specialization:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neuroscience and Biomechanics
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- Dr. Angelo Belcastro is the new advisor and executive director for York U’s Markham Centre campus.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship recipient, Dessi Zaharieva (PhD candidate) is excelling in martial arts and managing her diabetes.
- Drs. Alison Macpherson and Michael Rotondi were recognized with awards for outstanding contributions in areas of research, teaching and service.
- Alzheimer’s study on women at risk shows deteriorating brain wiring says Dr. Lauren Sergio and Kara Hawkins (PhD candidate)
- CBC’s Rick Mercer visits School of Kinesiology & Health Science.
- Alisa Fitisova (MSC candidate) video in health research competition
- Dr. Alison Macpherson’s study finds significant increase in concussions among Ontario children and youth.
- Dr. William Gage published new ebook designed to help Parkinson’s patients prevent falls.
- Lack of cardiac rehab programs a global issue, says Dr. Sherry Grace
- Dr. Jessica Fraser-Thomas’ research shows when boys first start bodychecking in hockey, they find the freedom to hit other players without repercussions fun and exciting.
- Dr. Angelo Belcastro and Asal Moghaddaszadeh (MSc candidate) are partnering with international programs in response to a call for global action on physical activity among children.
- Dr. Dorota Crawford’s research finds lipid levels during prenatal development can impact autism.