The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following research streams:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neural and Biomechanical Control of Movement
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- Socio-Cultural and Policy Studies in Sport and Physical Activity
- Dr. Michael Connor research suggests supplements could improve cancer treatment in obese patients
- Dr. Denise Henriques uses point-to-point researching to understand more complex movements
- York University’s Kinesiology and Health Science program is the best in Canada, according to a new ranking released by Shanghai Ranking’s 2017 Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments.
- Dr. David Hood and his team identifies protein that benefits muscle health during exercise.
- Dr. Loriann Hynes, winner of the Distinguished Athletic Therapy Educator Award presented by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Assocation (CATA)
- Dr. Michael Rotondi collaborates on a study that finds census underestimates Indigenous population in Toronto
- Christy Costanian's (PHD candidate) study shows a decline in hormone therapy (HT) treatments in Canadian women.