The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following research streams:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neural and Biomechanical Control of Movement
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- Socio-Cultural and Policy Studies in Sport and Physical Activity
- York University’s Kinesiology and Health Science program is the best in Canada, according to a new ranking released by ShanghaiRanking’s 2017 Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments.
- Dr. Sherry Grace has been awarded the Michael L. Pollock Established Investigator Award for making advances in cardiac rehabilitation through her research.
- Dr. Lauren Sergio joins the York Research Chairs (YRC) program as York Research Chair in Brain Health and Skilled Performance.
- Dr. David Hood receives CIHR project grant for research on how exercise can improve musculoskeletal health during the aging process.
- Dr. Michael Rotondi collaborates on a study that finds census underestimates Indigenous population in Toronto
- Christy Costanian's (PHD candidate) study shows a decline in hormone therapy (HT) treatments in Canadian women.
- Drs. Lynn Gauthier and Lucy Gagliese research paper in Pain Medicine is featured in August 2017 edition of Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer newsletter
- Safe exercise guidelines for type 1 diabetes developed by international team led by Dr. Michael Riddell