The Graduate Program in Kinesiology and Health Science offers courses, research and professional training leading to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Fitness Science (MFSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our masters and doctoral program will prepare you for opportunities for advanced study in the following fields:
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Neural and Biomechanical Control of Movement
- Health and Fitness Behaviours
- Dr. Grace's research suggests women specialized cardiac rehab programs.
- Drs. Lynn Gauthier and Lucy Gagliese research paper in Pain Medicine is featured in August 2017 edition of Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer newsletter
- PhD candidate Chris Chen receives national volunteer award from CurioCity
- Safe exercise guidelines for type 1 diabetes developed by international team led by Dr. Michael Riddell
- A new ranking released by Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2016 has placed York University’s School of Kinesiology and Health Science third in Canada, and among the top 25 worldwide
- Drs. Chris Ardern, Joe Baker and Alina Cohen (PHD '16) new research finds healthy eating and exercise may delay onset of dementia
- Dr. Michael Connor and his research team finds possible cause for poor response to treatment in obese breast cancer patients